Free Deluxe Set-up
Fast & Free Shipping
Questions & Contact
Dave Mustaine's expertise with a guitar is not only restricted to the electric, face-melting, heavy metal variety. In a collaboration between Gibson and official Gibson brand ambassador Mustaine, the Dave Mustaine Songwriter comes together as a stellar example of fine Gibson acoustic craftsmanship at work.
In pursuit of crafting an acoustic guitar to match a player so closely entwined with earth-shattering metal riffage, the Dave Mustaine Songwriter came as a unique creation. The body of this guitar is fit in a classic Gibson Songwriter shape, slightly thinner than others. Crafted of walnut and Sitka spruce, this acoustic projects with excellent resonance and sings with an infatuating voice. This tonality is matched with a seamlessly comfortable feel in hand. A mahogany neck in an Advanced Response profile fits firmly in the hand of any player while an ebony fingerboard provides an easy feel across the fingers.
The dark silhouette of this Songwriter makes it a key contender for your next acoustic performance. With ornate style to match its sound, this guitar features Mother of Pearl Teeth fret inlays, a modified Songwriter pickguard, and a TUSQ nut, saddle, and bridge pin set. This Songwriter is stage ready with an LR Baggs VTC under saddle pickup system with soundhole mounted volume and tone controls. Take hold of this Songwriter and let the tones carry you away.
With a heavy metal legacy that precedes him, Dave Mustaine's fiery energy can be felt across this acoustic. Give it a strum and feel that energy come alive.
- Gibson Dave Mustaine Artist Signature Songwriter model
- Sitka spruce and walnut Songwriter-shaped body with traditional hand scalloped Advanced X-bracing
- Single ply top and back binding
- Mahogany neck in an Advanced Response profile
- Ebony fingerboard with twenty-four Standard sized frets and Mother of Pearl Teeth inlays
- Traditional Belly Up ebony bridge
- TUSQ saddle, nut, and bridge pins
- Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body Joint with Hot Hide Glue
- Dave Mustaine signature truss rod cover
- Grover Rotomatic tuning machines
- LR Baggs VTC under saddle pickup electronics system
- Gibson hardshell case included
|Top Material:||Sitka Spruce|
|Neck Profile:||Advanced Response|
|Bracing:||Traditional Hand Scalloped Advanced X-Bracing|
|Electronics:||LR Baggs VTC|
|Finish:||Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer|
|Case:||Gibson Custom Hardshell Case|