Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
Tony Iommi, a titan among titans, needs little introduction. His legendary dark riffs and heavy tones defined the sound of Black Sabbath across decades while inspiring countless guitarists in their own heavy metal riffage. Today, Gibson USA celebrates the man and the music made with an SG model based off Iommi's personal heavily-modded left-handed 1964 SG Special.
This unique SG Special begins with a classic Gibson mahogany body, neck, and Indian rosewood fingerboard. This model features an adjustable wraparound bridge, Grover Rotomatic tuning machines with contemporary style buttons, and a Graph Tech nut. The voice of this SG comes alive with two P-90 pickups with chrome covering. Two additional longer intonation adjustment screws and a reproduction of Iommi's "Monkey" sticker come included with a hardshell case.
Pure vintage metal energy radiates from this SG Special. True to form and expertly crafted to capture Iommi's legendary tone, Gibson strikes again.
- Gibson model based off Tony Iommi's 1964 SG Special
- Two chrome-covered P-90 pickups
- Mahogany body with gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck with Rounded profile
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with twenty-two Medium Jumbo frets
- Adjustable wraparound bridge
- Two additional longer intonation adjustment screws included
- Tony Iommi "Monkey" sticker included
- Hardshell case included
|Fingerboard Material:||Indian Rosewood|
|Fret Size:||Medium Jumbo|
|Nut:||1.7" White Graph Tech|
|Finish:||Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer|