Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Martin HD12-28 12-String Acoustic Guitar is a remarkable instrument renowned for its rich history that spans generations of recording and songwriting. This 12-string guitar is a part of the Martin Standard Series, regarded for its top-tier tonewoods and Nazareth, PA construction.
The Martin HD12-28 is comprised of the classic Sitka spruce and Indian rosewood tonewood combination, producing swells of rich and refined acoustic chime. Traditional X-bracing architecture ensures the top's stability and contributes to the HD12-28s signature voice. The dreadnought body style of the HD12-28 is iconic for its bold and commanding presence and offers a deep and powerful low end. Its 12-string configuration adds an extra layer of complexity to the sound, producing a lush and shimmering harmonic richness that is distinctively Martin.
The HD12-28's select hardwood neck features Martin's Performing Artist neck profile and ebony fingerboard with abalone inlays in Martin's Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern style. It also sports a 24.9" scale, as opposed to the common dreadnought 25.4" in order to address and balance string tension and playability, especially over extended sessions. Other notable features include a 25.4" scale length, 1.8125" bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and chrome enclosed gear tuners.
The HD12-28 is dressed to the nines with a natural gloss nitrocellulose finish and antique white binding throughout the body. Its top showcases an Aging Toner finish, a new spec for Standard Series Martin Guitars beginning in 2018, as well as a Herringbone binding detail.
An instrumental hero in pop, folk, and country music, the Martin HD12-28 is an immediately recognizable classic American guitar.
- Martin Dreadnought 12-string with Rosewood Back and Sides
- Spruce Top with Traditional X-Bracing
- Performing Artist Neck Profile with Wide Performance Taper
- Ebony Fingerboard with Abalone Inlays in Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- Antique White Binding Throughout Body with Herringbone Top Detail
- 24.5" Scale Length Assists in Comfortability while Maintaining String Tension
- 1.8125" Bone Nut and Compensated Bone Saddle
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Body Finish with Satin Neck Finish
|Performing Artist, Wide Performance Taper