Sorry, this one is no longer available.
While we no longer have this in-stock, here are some categories worth looking at:
Have a question?
Alexander Oblivion Vintage Delay Pedal
In-depth Vintage delay with four delay engines |Item ID: OBLIVION
The Oblivion is our exploration of what exists in the darkest corners of the sonic universe. Tread lightly. Or for more fun — don't.
Analog - This mode evokes the warm and murky depths of the classic bucket brigade echo units. These early solid-state memory devices were far more compact and efficient than magnetic tape storage but required high frequency filtering to eliminate their characteristic clock noise. Adjust the Tone control to achieve classic "chirpy" echo or a washed-out ambient delay. The modulation effect adds an analog chorus effect.
Tape - magnetic bliss lives here. This mode recalls the earliest echo units, powered by "newfangled" magnetic tape. Tape technology advanced by leaps and bounds following WWII, and thanks to the efforts of Ray Butts and Les Paul it became an integral part of rock and roll. The Tone control adjusts the fidelity of the tape path. Try this mode with a slow ramp modulation to simulate a worn tape mechanism.
Oilcan - this mode is based on the electrostatic delay line effects introduced during the 1960s. These bizarre units utilized a rotating disc bathed in a lubricating fluid to store an electrical charge. Dirty, dark, and more than a little watery, the Oilcan unit is an essential part of the vintage echo experience. The Tone control adjust the age of the fluid in the drum, with higher settings yielding a darker and more distorted tone.
Multi - the final mode in our journey is quite enchanting. The magical and elusive multi-head delay allows the player to select various combinations of its four playback heads, creating exquisite patterns that spiral into chaos. In this mode, modulation is disabled and the Depth knob controls the pattern selection.
Controls & Highlights
- Bypass / Preset - Tap to bypass the pedal, hold down to select the next preset.
- Tap / Save - Tap to set the delay time, hold down to save the current settings to the active preset.
- Mix — Controls the blend between fully dry (clean) and fully wet (repeat only) echo sound. 12 o’clock is an equal mix of clean and echo.
- Boost — When Shift is active, the Mix knob controls the overall output level from -3dB to +3dB.
- Time — Adjusts the maximum delay time from 10ms to 900ms.
- Wave — When Shift is active, the Time knob controls the wave shape of the modulation. Available waves include sine, square, ramp up and ramp down.
- Repeat — Controls the feedback of the delay.
- Tone — When Shift is active, the Repeat knob controls the tone of the echo. When the Oilcan mode is selected, this knob controls the age of the oil.
- Rate — Adjusts the rate of modulation. Set this to zero to disable modulation.
- Depth - Adjusts the depth or range of modulation. In Multi mode, this control selects one of eight delay patterns.