Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Gibson Custom Shop's reputation in crafting outstanding electric guitars precedes it. From the most cutting-edge modern creations to faithful revivals of classics, the Gibson Custom Shop's expertise in electric guitar crafting knows no bounds.
This entry from the Gibson Custom Shop replicates a 1957 Les Paul Custom - a guitar among the most famous ever made. Its slick aesthetic presentation and tonal output match totally for a dark and beautiful instrument.
Unique from other Les Paul models, this 1957 Les Paul Custom features a body made of solid mahogany. This body, paired with a solid mahogany neck and solid ebony fingerboard give this Les Paul a lively feel in hand in contrast to its unique darker midrange. The natural feel and character of this Custom Shop creation matches with two Custombucker Alnico 3 unpotted pickups that summon a Les Paul voice that is unmistakable and irresistible.
This Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom is treated with an Ultra Light Aged finish treatment courtesy of the Custom Shop's Murphy Lab. This Murphy Lab addition gives this Les Paul an authentic finish coat that gives it an appearance of a well-loved and naturally aged instrument. Today, the Murphy Lab finish will be strikingly accurate and will only become more naturally beautiful as time passes.
Finer appointments to this Les Paul Custom include Historic Medium Jumbo frets with Mother of Pearl inlays, gold hardware with its own Murphy Lab treatment, and Kluson Waffleback tuners.
The Gibson Custom Shop is world famous for their work, and with a model such as this, it is not difficult to see why. Take part in Gibson history with this revived 1957 creation.
- Gibson Custom Shop 1957 Les Paul Custom Reissue model
- One-piece solid mahogany body with multi-ply binding
- Solid mahogany neck in a "Chunky C-Shape" profile
- Solid ebony fingerboard with twenty-two Historic Medium Jumbo frets
- Two unpotted Custombucker Alnico 3 humbucking pickups
- Gold finished No-Wire ABR-1 bridge with aluminum Stop Bar tailpiece
- Kluson Waffleback tuning machines with Pearloid Tips
- Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish treatment
- Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged hardware finish treatment
- Gibson Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch case included
- Gibson Custom Shop certificate of authenticity included
|Body Material:||1-Piece Solid Mahogany|
|Neck Material:||Solid Mahogany|
|Fingerboard Material:||Solid Ebony|
|Fret Size:||Historic Medium Jumbo|
|Bridge Pick-up:||Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)|
|Neck Pick-up:||Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)|
|Bridge:||No-Wire ABR-1 with Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar|
|Finish:||Nitrocellulose Lacquer; Murphy Lab Ultra Aged|
|Case:||Gibson Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch|
|Weight:||9 lbs. 1 oz.|