Leap Year Sale 2024
Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Gibson Custom Shop is a premier player in the production of some of the finest electric guitars produced today. At the absolute cutting edge of innovation while remaining fully reverent and authentic to the Gibson name, the instruments produced are all stellar examples of fine musical craftsmanship at work – audibly and visually.
The Les Paul has never lost its luster. The 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is the product of tireless effort, technical prowess, and a fine ear for a classic tone. With historically-accurate construction methods and specifications, the Les Paul Standard Reissue is an incredibly accurate recreation of the original Les Pauls crafted in 1959.
Gibson '59 Les Paul Standard Specs
Starting off with high-quality materials and painstaking construction, the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue features a 2-piece plain maple top with a 1-piece lightweight mahogany back. The two woods put together are shaped in the classic single-cutaway body and fit easily into the hands of any player. A solid mahogany "Authentic '59 Medium C"-shaped neck is streamlined to travel from the higher to lower frets of the Indian Rosewood fingerboard, which features Historic Gibson Medium Jumbo frets. Along with this careful construction, the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue comes equipped with two Custombucker Alnico 3 unpotted pickups that summon all the iconic tones widely known and universally adored.
The finish on the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is a first in Gibson Custom Shop design. From the Gibson Custom Shop's newest division, the Murphy Lab, the finish on this 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is specially engineered to replicate the properties of Gibson's original Nitrocellulose Lacquer used in the 1950s and 1960s. Pioneered by Gibson Master Artisan Tom Murphy, this 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue features an Ultra Light Aged finish treatment. This scientifically engineered process and finish simulates decades of light play wear that makes the guitar look and feel well-worn and well-loved from the first time it is picked up. The finish is a completely new development and gives the Les Paul Standard Reissue a new but greatly familiar look and feel.
Other features that make the Gibson Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard a masterwork in authentic historic guitar design include an ABR-1 bridge, a lightweight aluminum stop bar tailpiece, and aged cellulose nitrate trapezoid fret inlays. A mounted Custom Shop switch plate medallion, reissue switch backplate, and certificate of authenticity are all included with an official Gibson hardshell case. Every piece of the Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is fully outfitted and dressed to the nines for an authentic Gibson experience every time it is picked up and played. Altogether, the Gibson Les Paul Standard 1959 Sunrise Tea Burst is a dream of an instrument, presented as if picked straight from 1959.
Historically accurate and tonally iconic, the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue readies players for a new lifetime of exceptional musical history.
Shop more of Gibsons Les Paul Standard Guitars:
- Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Murphy Lab, Light Aged Dirty Lemon
- Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Murphy Lab, Light Aged Royal Teaburst
- Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS Washed Cherry Sunburst
- Gibson Custom 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue Tomato Soup Burst, Murphy Lab Light Aged
- 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard recreated specifications
- Two Custombucker Alnico 3 pickups
- "Authentic '59 Medium C"-shaped solid mahogany neck
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with twenty-two Historic Gibson Medium-Jumbo frets
- Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab Ultra-Light Aged Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish in Sunrise Tea burst
- ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum stop bar tailpiece
- Gibson Murphy Lab Light Aged nickel hardware finish
- Gibson Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch case included
- Gibson Certificate of Authenticity included
- Gibson Custom Shop mounted switch plate medallion
|2-Piece Plain Maple Top, 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany Back
|Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
|Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
|Nitrocellulose Lacquer; Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged
|Gibson Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch