Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Gibson Custom Shop represents the pinnacle of tonal excellence and quality craftsmanship. With this distinct entry, this sentiment stays strong.
The Gibson SG is an iconic guitar for a myriad of reasons and this model celebrates them all. Straight from Gibson's world-class luthiers, this SG touts all the exceptional features that make the SG stand out and then some. Starting with a one-piece solid lightweight mahogany body, this SG has all the feel and form of one picked straight from 1964. Paired with a period-accurate Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape mahogany neck and Indian rosewood fingerboard, this guitar feels stellar in hand. Speaking about this guitar and its tangible feel would not be complete without addressing the Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab Light Aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish. This scientifically-formulated finish replicates the aging process of vintage Gibson guitar finishes. With this finishing process, each guitar with a Murphy Lab finish looks and feels authentically aged for that perfect vintage Gibson experience.
This SG Standard features replica electronics and hardware to capture a classic Gibson playing experience. Two Custombucker pickups summon all the iconic Gibson humbucking tone needed to soar through classic riffs and licks while an ABR-1 bridge and Maestro Vibrola tailpiece inspire playing with plenty of expressive bends and solid intonation. No stone was left unturned for delivering a fully authentic vintage Gibson musical experience.
Recreating one of Gibson's finest works from an iconic decade is no small task, but with this entry, the masterful luthiers at the Gibson Custom Shop have accomplished an incredible feat of musical instrument craftsmanship - unmistakable decades ago and just as remarkable as ever today.
- Gibson Custom Shop 1964 SG Standard Reissue model
- One-piece solid lightweight mahogany body
- Solid mahogany neck in an Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape profile
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with twenty-two Authentic Medium-Jumbo frets
- Two unpotted Custombucker Alnico 3 humbucking pickups
- CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers and Black Beauty Capacitors
- Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab Light Aged nitrocellulose lacquer body finish
- Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab Light Aged nickel hardware finish
- ABR-1 bridge with Maestro Vibrola tailpiece
- Black multi-ply pickguard
- Gibson Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue five-latch case included
- Gibson certificate of authenticity included
|Body Material:||1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany|
|Neck Material:||Solid Mahogany|
|Fingerboard Material:||Indian Rosewood|
|Fret Size:||Authentic Medium Jumbo|
|Bridge Pick-up:||Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)|
|Neck Pick-up:||Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)|
|Bridge:||ABR-1 with Maestro Vibrola Tailpiece|
|Finish:||Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged|
|Case:||Gibson Brown / Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case|