Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard line is divided into different versions, with V2 models retaining the exact specifications of models made in 1959 with a slimmer neck profile, different knobs, and a wider variety of colors. The V2 Custom 1960 Les Paul Standard features vintage-inspired hardware and appointments to capture an authentic Les Paul experience. A Slim C-shaped mahogany neck and an Indian Rosewood fingerboard ensure streamlined trips up and down the neck while a pair of Custombucker Alnico III humbuckers produce an iconic Gibson tone. Embellished with vintage-style finish patterns to match and recreate 1959 standards, the V2 impresses visually as well as tonally. Culminating in an unmistakable example of quality musical instrument craftsmanship, the Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard brings an icon of music history to life.
60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul
1960 marked the last year of the famous Les Paul Standard “Burst” models. These iconic instruments helped shape modern music, becoming some of the most desirable guitars ever made along the way. For 2020, Gibson Custom has created a series of 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard guitars in three variations, as they were in 1960. Specs changes roughly each 1/3rd of the year as follows:
- V1 1960 models shared the same beefy neck profile and specs with the 1959 Les Paul Standards.
- V2 1960 models had a thinner neck, or Slim C-Shape profile. V2 also saw the introduction of a larger color palette and different control knobs from the 1959 models.
- V3 1960 models had the slimmest profile of all, a Skinny C-Shape profile. The additional colors continued through the end of the year.
Each Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard comes with Certificate of Authenticity booklet. They all ship with a period correct vintage style brown hardshell case, as well as a commemorative 60th Anniversary switch plate, in addition to the period correct switch plate.
You know what else happened in 1960? Russo Music opened its doors on South Broad Street in Trenton, NJ. What better way to celebrate 60 years of Russo Music, than with a 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul?
In celebration of decades of musical innovation, the artisans at Gibson Custom Shop return to the point of origin with the 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard. Recreating a vintage Les Paul experience is no easy task, though through tireless effort and strict attention to detail, the 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard came to life.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard 60th Anniversary model
- Accurate 1960 technical specifications
- Custombucker Alnico III pickups
- Mahogany wood body
- Slim C-shaped neck profile
- 22 Authentic Medium-Jumbo frets
- ABR-1 Bridge
- Aged Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch Case Included
- Certificate of Authenticity booklet included
|Body Material:||2-Piece Figured Maple top with 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany back and sides|
|Neck Material:||Solid Mahogany|
|Fingerboard Material:||Indian Rosewood|
|Fret Size:||Authentic Medium-Jumbo|
|Bridge Pick-up:||Custombucker Alnico III|
|Neck Pick-up:||Custombucker Alnico III|
|Bridge:||No-Wire ABR-1, with Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar|
|Case:||Aged Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch|
|Weight:||8 lbs 6 oz|