Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Gibson Custom shop pays tribute to one of the most iconic names in music – Lucille. With many iterations of the iconic instrument, this Lucille comes in the form of the Gibson B.B. King Lucille Legacy.
This Custom Shop Artist model has legendary blues character and style to spare. Constructed from three-ply figured maple, poplar, and maple, the iconic double-cutaway ES body profile is formidable with its unmistakable bold, dark silhouette – though this is not to say that Lucille cannot sing sweetly. Two Gibson Custombucker pickups with a six-position Mono Varitone switch give this model its distinct blues voice, perfectly melancholy and classy.
Classiness is an indispensable trait of the many Lucilles of history. This particular model features an ebony fingerboard with Mother of Pearl Split Block inlays. Gold finished hardware and a “Lucille” Mother of Pearl inlay adorns the headstock alongside the Gibson name. Twenty-two Reissue size frets give this guitar a smooth feel in hand to trot gently or riff quickly along to classic blues licks. The semi-hollow construction of the ES body features an absence of f-holes – an original B.B. King preference, and a transparent ebony finish. The transparency of the finish shows off the natural character of the wood and gives the model its own unique patterns. Visually, this Lucille stands out among others from across B.B. King’s musical legacy, though its authenticity as a Lucille is undeniable.
Joining the Gibson Custom Shop ES lineup, the B.B. King Lucille Legacy is a landmark instrument in both the lineage of the Custom Shop and Lucilles. Soulful as ever, Lucille makes herself known.
- Gibson Custom Shop ES lineup model
- Three-ply figured maple/poplar/maple double-cutaway body with maple centerblock
- Semi-hollow ES body design with no f-holes
- Mahogany neck with in a SlimTaper profile
- Ebony fingerboard with twenty-two Reissue-sized frets
- Two Gibson Custombucker humbucking pickups with six-position Mono Varitone switch
- Gold-finished hardware
- ABR-1 bridge with TP-6 tailpiece with fine tuners
- Grover Tulip tuning machines
- Gibson Custom Shop certificate of authenticity included
- Gibson Custom Shop hardshell case included
|Body Material:||3-Ply Maple / Poplar / Maple|
|Bridge Pick-up:||Gibson Custombucker|
|Neck Pick-up:||Gibson Custombucker|
|Bridge:||ABR-1 with TP-6 Tailpiece|
|Finish:||Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer|
|Case:||Gibson Custom Shop Hardshell|