Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Gibson Custom Shop, a producer of some of the most highly coveted and celebrated modern guitars, today gives the spotlight to blues-rock legend Johnny Winter. Among the many blues-rock figures of time, Johnny Winter's work with a Gibson Firebird is storied and iconic. With this Gibson Custom Shop entry, this work becomes further solidified in blues history.
The Gibson Custom Shop Johnny Winter 1964 Firebird V is a replica of Winter's famous Firebird. With every aspect accurately captured, the '60s Gibson classic comes alive. This Firebird is constructed from a nine-ply mahogany/walnut neck-through-body with solid mahogany wings. An Aged finish treatment from the Gibson Custom Shop's Murphy Lab gives this Firebird its vintage and authentic feel. The accuracy of this replica does not stop at construction and finishes, however. The luthiers at the Custom Shop went as far to include plugged holes on the body, replicating the removed Maestro Vibrola tailpiece on Winter's original and a missing rhythm tone knob reflector.
Two Firebird Alnico 5 pickups summon all the bluesy tones expected from an instrument of this caliber. Winter's classic riffs come alive through this Firebird with a three-way pickup selector switch and two volume and tone knobs. A No-Wire ABR-1 bridge and a chrome plated aluminum stop bar tailpiece pair with unique Gibson Deluxe "Banjo" Tuner tuning machines to ensure authenticity to the last detail. This Firebird includes a Gibson Custom Shop Hardshell case with an assortment of accessories. These accessories include a certificate of authenticity, a photograph signed by photographer Mick Rock, a Johnny Winter slide from Dunlop, and four Johnny Winter / Gibson Custom picks from Dunlop.
A replica featuring this keen attention to detail must be celebrated as Winter and Gibson's legacies carry on.
- Gibson Custom Shop Johnny Winter replica model
- Nine-ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through Firebird offset body
- Bound Indian rosewood fingerboard with twenty-two Gibson Reissue-size frets
- Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape neck
- Two Firebird Alnico 5 pickups
- No-Wire ABR-1 bridge with chrome plated aluminum stop bar tailpiece
- Deluxe Banjo Tuner tuning machines
- Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab Aged body finish
- Gibson Custom Shop hardshell case included
- Gibson Custom Shop certificate of authenticity included
- Mick Rock signed photograph included
- Dunlop Johnny Winter slide included
- Dunlop / Gibson Custom picks included
|Body Material:||9-Ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through|
|Neck Material:||9-Ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through|
|Fingerboard Material:||Bound Indian Rosewood|
|Bridge Pick-up:||Firebird Alnico 5|
|Neck Pick-up:||Firebird Alnico 5|
|Bridge:||No-Wire ABR-1 with Chrome Plated Aluminum Stop Bar Tailpiece|
|Finish:||Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab Aged - Polaris White|
|Case:||Gibson Custom Shop Hardshell Case|