Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
The Ernie Ball Music Man Retro 70s Stingray delivers the unmistakable pop, slap, and swagger of the original Stingray bass first introduced in 1976. Over the years, the Stingray has developed a diverse following of players including Louis Johnson, Tim Commerford of Rage Against the Machine, and AC/DC's Cliff Williams to name a high and mighty select few.
With original vintage Stingray basses somewhat hard to come by, the Retro 70s Stingray 4 is a perfect solution for the player in search of the real thing. With features such as its original style three bolt neck joint, chrome battery cover, muting system, and original pre-Ernie Ball logo, the Retro 70s Stingray most certainly looks the part, but does it play the part? The answer: Yeah, big time.
The Retro 70s Stingray is built around an ash body, finished in a high gloss polyester. Its maple neck features a "D" profile, 7.5" maple fingerboard with black dot inlays, 21 nickel silver frets, slight yellow tint, and gloss poly finish - all features attributing to Stingrays from back in the day. At the peghead, the Retro 70s Stingray features Schaller open gear tuners, as well as the original Music Man Stingray logo.
This Stingray is equipped with the original two band active preamp with controls for volume, bass, and treble. It features a single vintage style alnico humbucking pickup with long alnico 5 magnets and is wound with original single poly-nylon wire.
From the factory, the Retro 70s Stingray is equipped with Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass roundwound strings, gauges .045w, .065w, .085w, .100w. Included as well is a Mono soft shell case.
All in, the Ernie Ball Music Man Retro 70s Stingray is a truly excellent recreation of an original 1970s-era Music Man bass guitar.
- Modern Production Run of a Vintage Original Music Man Stingray
- Ash Body with High Gloss Polyester Finish
- Maple Neck with Gloss Finish and Slight Tint, 7.5" Radius Fingerboard
- Original 3-Bolt Neck Joint with Chrome Cover, Chrome Battery Cover
- Peghead Featuring Original Pre-Ernie Ball Music Man Logo and Schaller Bass Tuners
- Original Style 2-Band Active Preamp with Controls for Volume, Bass, and Treble
- Vintage Style Alnico V Humbucker with Long Magnets and Original Single Poly-Nylon Wire
- Factory Setup with Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass Strings, Mono Case
|Fingerboard Inlay:||Black Dot|
|Body Shape:||Stingray 4 Bass|
|Fret:||21, Nickel Silver|
|Tuning Machines:||Schaller Bass|
|Bridge Pick-up:||Vintage Style Alnico V Music Man Humbucker|
|Electronics:||Original Style 2-Band Active Preamp|
|Controls:||Volume, Bass, Treble|
|Bridge:||Pre-EB Geometry Music Man Chrome Plated|