Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Roland's legendary SH-101 synthesizer was a wonder of monophonic synthesizing from its introduction in 1982. Its one-VCO, VCF, VCA, LFO structure won over many with its simple configuration and great tone. Today's SH-01A uses modern technology to recreate this increasingly rare instrument to a tee with power to replicate an authentic SH-101 and space to further explore.
The SH-01A's sound is vibrant thanks to Roland Analog Circuit Behavior technology to recreate all the details of original hardware. Each analog circuit is modeled to the original's down to the component level. These tones are augmented in their design with the SH-01A's one hundred note sequencer that queues up perfect rhythms for any performance. Pattern saving and rig control via CV/Gate, MIDI, and USB open up the scope for the SH-01A even further to have it sit at the center of a studio or rig setup.
The original SH-101's monophonic voice provided a wide canvas with which to perform. The SH-01A's four voices allow for players to expand on the original's tonal palette. Mono, Unison, Chord, and Poly modes all come together to fill out the field for players to deliver Roland synth tones on new levels with new compositions.
Accessibility and easy application made the SH-101 a standout in previous decades and the SH-01A's ease of access is no different. For any player to plug in and let the vintage energy flow, there's little that comes close to an original than the SH-01A.
- Classic SH-101 synthesizer tones
- New Unison, Chord, and Polyphonic modes
- One hundred note sequencing with patterns to save and recall
- Arpeggiator with three playback modes
- CV/Gate output for controlling modular of vintage gear
- MIDI syncing options via MIDI, USB, LFO clock, and trigger input connections
- Powered by four AA batteries or USB bus power
- Compatible with Roland K-25m Keyboard Unit