Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Death by Audio was conceived in 2002 with the most insane pedal of all time: the Total Sonic Annihilation. Here was a pedal that literally transformed all of your pedals into different effects by force feeding them back into themselves. Fast forward to present day - through painstaking redesign and improvements - the original circuit has been reborn as the Total Sonic Annihilation 2. Totally new functionality creates wildly more warped alien space sounds than the original, with even more controllability.
The TSA2, like its predecessor, works on a simple premise: what if effect pedals were patched back into themselves? What does it sound like for a filter to be multiplied by infinity? Or if your modulator was modulating its own modulations? The TSA2 creates a controllable feedback loop, meaning your pedals will cycle back on themselves, feeding the output back into the input as much or as little as you want. Experience true sonic exploration: every unique pedal array will produce a vast world of textures and possibilities.
The Total Sonic Annihilation 2 greatly expands on the original with the addition of features that allow equal part control and mad-scientist experimentation. Featuring an active boost, phase reversal, and limiter, any pedal - no matter how quiet, loud, or phase shifted - can find it's place in the loop of the TSA2. Or, you can use those controls to warp and blast your sound to any extreme.
The TSA2 also works on its own as a standalone oscillating fuzz blaster for your guitar/bass/synth with nothing in the loop and the active boost on. Go even deeper and it can be used as its own independent oscillating noise device. That’s right, it can even be played as its own instrument! Explode your entire pedal board with this reinvented blast from the past.
- FEEDBACK: The big knob. This controls the amount the SEND (external effect input) is forced back into the RECEIVE (external effect output). This creates feedback within the circuit to create new unbridled, experimental effects and results. The more this knob is turned up the more intense and explosive the effects will be. The ACTIVE BOOST is also in this loop and (if engaged) will be forced back into itself to create its own wild and interesting sounds if nothing is plugged into the loop.
- ON: In the ON position, this toggle switch activates the ACTIVE BOOST circuit.
- PHASE: Flips the phase of the effects loop, only when the ACTIVE BOOST is on.
- GAIN: Controls the amount of gain of the ACTIVE BOOST circuit.
- LIMIT: Limits the output volume of the entire pedal only when the ACTIVE BOOST is engaged.
- STOMP SWITCH: Bypasses the effect.
- INPUT: Plug an instrument into this jack.
- OUTPUT: The output of the Total Sonic Annihilation 2 is here. It connects to your amplifier.
- SEND: Connect this to the input of the effect (or chain of effects) you would like to control and warp. If left unconnected it is connected internally to the receive jack.
- RECEIVE: This is connected to the output of the effects in the feedback loop.
- 9V: Plug a 9V Negative Tip Positive Ring DC adaptor in here. When plugged in it will bypass the internal battery. NOTE: When the ACTIVE BOOST is not engaged, the pedal is completely passive and can work without power.
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 2.7" x 2.5" (includes knobs and jacks)
- Weight: 11.1 oz.
- Power: 9V (runs on standard 2.1mm negative center 9V adapter or included 9V battery).
- Current Draw: 5 mA.