Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
As captain of the Defender, your mission is to protect the galaxy using the awesome power of the Stargate Drive. Blast off from your deep space base and take control of the universe.
Why should you use a digital distortion pedal?
No idea. Analog is better, right? You should probably go buy a Tube Screamer. But if you're interested in expanding your horizons, read on.
One of the things we love about making pedals is that we get to come up with things that are new and exciting. The prospect of doing another "me too" overdrive pedal wasn't really that appealing. We decided that the best way to approach a digital distortion pedal was to think of all of the things you couldn't do with analog and proceed from there. We love this pedal, and we hope you like it too.
The sonic scientists at Alexander Pedals have been working overtime to cram the most pedal into the smallest box, and we now present the Neo Series! Each Neo Series pedal incorporates an advanced 32-bit microcontroller adding presets, expression, and MIDI capability.
The Neo Series pedals are small but mighty! Imagine having a single pedal on your board that can access up to 4 separate preset tones with a touch of your toe. Connect an expression pedal to "morph" between two distinct settings for each preset for dynamic real-time effects. Or connect the Neo Footswitch to enable your choice of preset select, tap tempo, or start / stop the sequence in real time.
All Neo Series pedals feature a simple yet powerful preset functionality. Hold the bypass footswitch to move the pedal to the next available preset, and the pedal will reconfigure itself on the fly. All knob values and the effect mode settings are recalled, allowing you to set up to four unique tones. Want more presets? Simply connect a MIDI controller to the EXP port on the side of the Neo Series pedal and access up to 16 presets total.
To load a preset, hold the bypass footswitch down or send a MIDI program change from 0-15.
To save a preset, hold the Select button down and then hold the bypass footswitch. The pedal will save the current settings to the current preset.
Any changes you make to the pedal settings will be lost when switching to a new preset unless you save the current preset first, so be careful!
- LEVEL Adjusts the overall output level of the Defender. The pedal has quite a bit of volume on tap, enough to overdrive your amp.
- DRIVE Controls the amount of drive, saturation, and distortion of the effect.
- (WARP)Adjusts the speed of the WARP control. With this control at minimum the Defender will warp between the red and blue settings instantly. With the control at maximum the pedal will take approximately 10 seconds to warp.
- LIGHT Controls the treble or brightness of the distortion effect or the cutoff frequency of the filter if FLT is selected.
- (BLEND)Mixes the clean signal (fully counter-clockwise) with the distorted signal (fully clockwise.) This is a really crucial control for using the Defender with bass or low-tuned guitars, allowing you to dial in some clean signal to increase the articulation.
- MATTER Controls the bass or depth of the distorted tone or the resonance / feedback of the filter if FLT is selected.
- (TWEAK)Adjusts the special effect for each distortion mode. Varies for each effect, check out the descriptions below!