Darkglass Alpha Omega Dual Bass Preamp/Overdrive PedalItem ID: AO
This creation differs greatly from previous preamplifiers and overdrives: it is fully operational amplifier based and has two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega) which can be selected or blended using Darkglass's Mod knob. This unusual control, in conjunction with the toggle switches and 3 active band equilizer makes Alpha · Omega the most flexible among their designs.
Controls & Highlights
- BlendMixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- LevelSets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- DriveSets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- BiteBoosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- GrowlShelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- ModSelects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bass+-12dB @ 80Hz
- Mid+-12dB @ 500Hz
- Treble+-12dB @ 5kHz
- Parallel OutputHardwired copy of your input signal, useful for getting a clean signal in recording and live situations
- Direct OutputA balanced version of the ¼” output, useful for running into PA’s or studio mixing consoles.