Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Welcome to the Rainbow Machine, in all its synthetic glory! This one is for experimenters, adventurists, and noisemakers. Totally not for purists and/or tone hounds. There are no “natural sounds” that come from this box. It takes modern DSP and uses it as a tool of future past to create real-time pitch shifting using digital oscillators.
The Rainbow Machine is built around a DSP pitch warping engine that’s designed to be slightly imperfect; colored with digital remnants of the cosmic dust we’ve picked up across the multiverse. That is to say it’s a cold digital beast made to pretend it has feelings.
- Pitch adjusts the frequency of the polyphonic pitch-warped harmony from a fourth below your input, to a third above, and every atonal pitch in-between.
- Primary adjusts the volume of the polyphonic harmony.
- Tracking adjusts the lag time between the wet and dry signals.
- Tone rolls off some treble for a darker, “vintage” sound.
- Secondary adds an octave of the Primary harmony.
- Magic This is a regeneration control that creates aliasing (among other things) by feeding the Primary and Secondary signals back on themselves and each other, and a bunch of other stuff no one understands.
|Type:||Modulation - Octave|
|Power Supply:||9 Volt DC 2.1mm negative center|
|Ins - Outs:||1 In - 1 Out|