Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
From Gibson's Acoustic Custom Shop, the acoustic tones of a grunge legend come alive. Jerry Cantrell, famed guitarist of the band Alice in Chains, comes together with the expert luthiers at Gibson to produce a truly one of a kind Gibson Songwriter. Dubbed the "Fire Devil," Cantrell's acoustic creations sings and breathes with authentic Gibson acoustic tones to fit not only the needs of Cantrell himself, but acoustic guitar players universally. The Jerry Cantrell "Fire Devil" Songwriter begins with a single-cutaway Gibson Songwriter body constructed of rosewood with a Sitka spruce top. One of Cantrell's personal touches works into its design as this Songwriter features a thinner body depth for easy handling in the arms. This adjustment, combined with a mahogany neck in an Advanced Response profile, makes the "Fire Devil" seamlessly playable.
An Indian rosewood fingerboard adorns the "Fire Devil" Songwriter for smooth trips downwards and upwards from rumbling, resonant chords to articulate picked notes. The "Fire Devil" Songwriter enhances the playing experience for musicians who are ready to take to the stage. Onboard L.R. Baggs VTC electronics bring this Gibson's acoustic tones to life on stage with soundhole-mounted tone and volume controls. Under stage light, Cantrell's customized appointments radiate. A "Fire Devil" pickguard and gold hardware shine, making this Acoustic Custom Shop entry outstanding with a dark silhouette with flashes of ornate radiance.
The iconic, haunting acoustic grunge tones created from Cantrell's Alice in Chains songwriting are as impressive as ever with this customized Gibson acoustic. Matching a legendary grunge artist with Gibson's finest acoustic luthiers makes for a Songwriter all its own.
- Gibson Acoustic Custom Shop Artist model
- Gibson Songwriter body shape with reduced body depth
- Sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides
- Mahogany neck in an Advanced Response profile
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with twenty Standard Small Crown frets
- Reverse Belly rosewood bridge
- TUSQ nut, saddle, and bridge pins
- Jerry Cantrell "Firefly" pickguard
- Gold finished hardware
- Grover Mini Rotomatic tuning machines
- Gloss Nitrocellulose body finish
- Gibson hardshell case included
- Certificate of authenticity included
|L.R. Baggs VTC