Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
Free Deluxe Set-up
Martin Custom Shop D-28 1937 - Ambertone Burst
Martin’s expertise in crafting fine acoustic guitars is as well known today as it has been for generations. The introduction of the Martin 28-Style acoustic guitar in 1937 set a precedent for what a quality acoustic guitar can be. With the 28-Style Authentic Collection, Martin captures the same spirit of quality craftsmanship and ingenuity for a new generation of players looking to find their own authentic Martin muse.
Original design specifications and building techniques bring the 1937 design back to life with Authentic bracing patterns, hide glue, and cloth strip construction. This D-28 Authentic 1937 model features a classic Adirondack spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides for a stellar acoustic tone. The ebony fingerboard welcomes swift playing up and down the mahogany neck.
While authenticity is a key priority in this collection, Martin has not forgotten about the all-important question of playability. Just as the original design was carefully crafted for musicality, today’s 28-Style acoustic guitars meet that same quality – these all-American workhorse guitars are as musical as ever. The Authentic 1937 Forward Shifted X Bracing pattern stays true to the instrument's roots for a fully realized Martin experience. Among the selection of guitars from the 28-Style Authentic Collection, this D-28 features a vintage Ambertone Burst and a Vintage Low Gloss finish. The finish keeps this Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 re-creation looking sleek and well cared for.
The Martin legacy lives on today through this collection with authentic craftsmanship and a keen eye for quality. These timeless classics like the 1937 Martin D-28 have never looked better.
Check out more 28 Style Martin Custom 1937 Guitars:
- Martin Custom Shop 000-28 1937 Acoustic Guitar Vintage Low Gloss With Ambertone Burst
- Martin Custom Shop 000-28 1937 Acoustic Guitar Vintage Low Gloss
- Martin Custom Shop D-28 1937 Acoustic Guitar Vintage Low Gloss With Stage 1 Aging And Ambertone Burst
- Adirondack spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Genuine mahogany neck in an Authentic 1937 profile
- Ebony fretboard with twenty frets
- Authentic 1937 Forward Shifted X bracing pattern
- Bone nut and saddle
- Abalone fretboard inlays
- Tortoise pattern pickguard
- Waverly nickel open back tuning machines
- Script Golden Era overlay headstock logo
- Martin Ply Hardshell case included
|Top Material:||Adirondack Spruce|
|Back/Sides Material:||East Indian Rosewood|
|Neck Material:||Genuine Mahogany|
|Body Shape:||D-14 Fret|
|Neck Profile:||Authentic 1937|
|Bracing:||Authentic 1937 Forward Shifted X Brace|
|Case:||Martin Ply Hardshell|