Ask an Expert
Fast & Free Shipping
The Alpha·Omega Ultra is the most versatile bass preamplifier Darkglass designed: With its two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), extremely high dynamic range, six-band active graphic EQ, dedicated headphone output and balanced direct output with switchable digital impulse-response cabinet emulation make for an incredibly complete tool for the modern bass player.
- LevelSets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- DriveSets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- BiteBoosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- GrowlShelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- ModSelects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw. On the Darkglass Suite you can assign footswitch control of the Mod to toggle between Alpha and Omega.
- MasterWhereas the Level knob control the output of the overdrive section the Master volume adjusts the overall volume of the unit. Ideal for fine tuning the output on clean mode. It also serves as a DI and headphone volume control. Please note that volume is not affected by this control when the pedal is on bypass.
- BassLow shelf +-12dB @ 80 Hz
- Mid bands+-10dB @ 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz
- TrebleHigh shelf +-12dB @ 5 kHz
- Ground liftDisconnects the signal ground on the Direct Output to break any ground loops. Set this switch to either position that has less noise. The switch does not affect the ¼” output.
- Cab SimToggle the cabinet simulation on/off on the Direct Output. This switch completely bypasses all digital circuits and allows you to get a zero latency signal when needed.
- HeadphonesAlpha·Omega Ultra has an internal stereo headphone amplifier capable of driving a minimum load of 16 ohms from the 3.5mm stereo jack. Use the Master volume control to adjust the level.
- USBA Micro USB B connector allows you to connect the pedal to PC/Mac to load cabinet simulation impulse responses to the pedal and control various other settings.
- BlendMixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.